Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Only One Photo Today


Thank you to everyone who offered kind words and thoughts to me this weekend. I do appreciate it. I am doing better now than before.

This weekend was a busy one though I don't have any photo worthy progress to show (in large part because my camera card was not in the camera when I tried to take photos). I did manage to finish my Aunt's baby's blanket, make some progress on my brown lump of lace and on my VK shrug (a multi colored lump of fabric). I have made no progress on my WRS.

The photo on the left is me in my finished Calla, which I hadn't been able to post before.

I signed up for the Summer Reading Program last week. Here is my first report.

Still Life With Crows, Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child, 480 pages. This novel by these two writers focuses on returning character, FBI Special Agent Pendergast. Agent Pendergast is not your typical FBI Agent, for one thing he is amazingly wealthy, more importantly, however, he has the autonomy to choose which cases he works on. Pendergast always chooses cases with a supernatural flavor to them. In this novel Agent Pendergast, who is on vacation, travels to Kansas to investigate a bizarre murder where the victim is arranged in a tableau surrounded by crows staked with Native American arrows from the 1800's. The novel continues with the details of the investigation and, of course, at the end the murderer is discovered. I will admit that I didn't pick up on the identity of the murderer until close to the end, but I did figure it out before it was revealed. While not a great work of modern fiction, this was an enjoyable, and somewhat suspenseful read. B.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Doh! I forgot to forse soem more Terry Pratchett on you when you were over!

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your tank looks great! : )

8:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely tank. I enjoy your prolific knitting. Gives me a vicarious satisfaction that is lacking in my own pokey production output.

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home