Monday, July 10, 2006

Brrrr!!!!!!!!!!

I am writing to you from the cool confines of my newly air-conditioned condo. It's SO wonderful! The only problem is that it makes you not want to leave home for any reason. Regardless, the promise of knitting and good company will always get me to brave the elements. On Saturday, I ventured out to Rebecca's to do a little KIP. I decided it was about time I got started on the tank I'm wearing to my cousin's wedding, since the event is only just over a month away. I've been working on it almost exclusively since I cast on because I really like the pattern. It's good TV knitting even though it's interesting. The pattern is a 24 row repeat lace/cable pattern and the design is different on the front than on the back. I took photos of both to show you. The yarn is Brown Sheep's Cotton Fleece in Robin's Egg Blue, a discontinued color. I'm up to the waist increases, so it shouldn't be too terribly long until this is an FO. I'm sure it will be as fun to wear as it is to knit.

I also started yet another project, Fetching from the new Knitty. Although I had planned to do it in the yarn called for in the pattern, I thought the subtle variegation of SWTC Karaoke would be a nice touch. It is softer than Noro, so it should be good for "next to the skin" wearing. I've tried to show the gradations of color in the photo, but I don't think I was very successful. It's very subtle, even in person.

I'm using the Wild Cherry colorway for this pattern. No, your eyes aren't deceiving you - I'm doing them using the magic loop technique. I think I finally get it now - yay!

My goal for this week is to exercise regularly. I'll be going to my yoga class on Tuesday night, but I'm going to try to get to the gym tomorrow and Thursday morning. We'll see how it goes.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your tank is looking really nice and it's a great color!
Yeah, you can help me with the magic loop thing. I'm a bit confused.

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home