Monday, May 22, 2006

Dreamin' About Knittin'

You know your knitting obsession is bad when you spend the night dreaming about knitting. You know it's REALLY bad when you actually solve a yarn dilemma in your sleep. When I first saw Eunny's vest, I didn't think it was something I really wanted to make. But the more I thought about it and the more I saw on various blogs, the more I thought it was the perfect project to try out Fair Isle knitting. My yarn dilemma was which yarn to use for this project. Although Fair Isle typically calls for rough, scratchy yarn, I really didn't want something like that. When I went to bed Friday night, I wasn't even thinking about this project, but sometime overnight, my brain decided that not only did I REALLY want to make this vest even more than I thought, but it also decided that I should use Jo Sharp DK Wool. Unfortunately, it didn't work out the color combo I should use, so tonight, to sleep, perchance to dream...

I've been busy knitting over the last few days since I haven't had things like school to interfere. I did, in fact, finish the left front of my Cotton Tape sweater and I started the seaming, but I wasn't thrilled with the way it was coming out, so I set it aside for the time being. Finishing isn't really what I want to be doing right now anyway. So, I decided to get started on a couple of projects. First off, I've been working on the Fitted Tank from Blue Sky Alpacas. I'm using the Organic Cotton in Shrimp. I've finished the front and have just begun the back. It looks like it's going to fit well and I like the way it's coming out so far. The neckline looks extremely unfinished so I'm going to add a little crochet edging around the neckline and armholes. I'm hoping it will be a nice touch.

I also started Orangina. This hasn't been on my "to knit" list all that long because I figured it wouldn't be flattering with someone with my body type, but I've seen it on some blogs and thought it actually might look nice. It's knit with 4-ply cotton on size 3 needles, so lets just say progress is a little slow. I've knit on it through at least two movies and for a few hours besides that, too, and I've only gotten this far. But I just know it will be worth it.

As far as the tank goes for the upcoming wedding, I'm considering using Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in Spryte to match a lovely pair of earrings that I picked up at Nordstrom this weekend.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ooh, Cotton Fleece. I am having a love affair with it right now in Rue. I'm also making a tank top. Enjoy!

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home