Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Say it Ain't So!

What you see here is the very end of my yarn. I have no more balls of calmer, the colorway I am using "Peacock" is discontinued. I am on the edging of the giant doily, it doesn't have sleeves yet. Is the pattern that wrong in it's yarn requirements? No, I don't think so. I knew I didn't have enough yarn. Why then, you may ask, would I foolhardily rush into this project knowing I didn't have enough yarn? Well, before I started I looked at The Knitting Garden (where I bought the original 4 skeins of calmer) and they showed 2 more skeins in stock, so I ordered one, I thought that was all I would need. I got a confirming email and happily crocheted right along. Around Thursday I started to think that I might be better off ordering that last skein as well, and I hadn't received an email telling me that my order shipped, so I sent an email to The Knitting Garden asking if they hadn't shipped my skein to please add the last skein to my order as well. Yesterday I received a return email telling me that they were out of peacock calmer all together, and that an email had been sent before (I am guessing that it somehow ended up in my junk mail folder). Now the search for 2 skeins of peacock calmer begins. I can't have a giant sleeveless doily with unfinished edging. I just can't!

In other news, my shop sample was completely knit in time for the deadline, but wasn't seemed. I got an extension for seeming and washing the piece.

This weekend I wasn't able to spend a ton of time knitting, on Friday I went to a Sox game in the pouring rain. The game should have been called, I just can't understand why they felt the need to make sure it was a regulation game. I was soaked by the time I left the game early. On Saturday I took an MMPI personality test (let's see if I am as screwed up as I think I am) , I got completely soaked, I went for soup on the way home (I planned on going to a raw restaurant up in Beverly, MA, but decided that it was much more of a soup day than a raw food day (it was a raw day)). I went

Circles in the evening for knit circle. On Sunday I went to see a play, Island of the Slaves. It was the perfect type of weather for hibernating at home, but that just didn't seem to happen for me. C'est la vie, I guess. At least everything was interesting. Oh, and I bought a new bag! A Namaste messenger bag in rose. I got it at Circles and am loving it. I just wish that I had found it a couple years ago when I was searching for the "perfect" bag to carry to and from the office, I ended up with a Coach bag, which I do love (it is also more professional looking than this bag) but my Namaste bag can hold my lap top and my Coach can't. I am hoping that the Namaste bag will reduce the number of bags I lug home when I decide to bring the lap top home.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

If it's any consolation, the doily -I mean, sweater - looks good. :P

How was the rain for your toe?

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your giant doily is gorgeous! So is you shop sample! What pattern is it? Sounds like you had a good weekend : D

10:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you're still looking for Peacock Calmer, check out Rowan's website. They have tons of stores listed both here and in the UK, plus internet stockists. And I'm still a member (as far as I know) so if you need me to post on their message board, I could ask if anyone has any of the elusive yarn.

11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home