Friday, May 05, 2006

It Finally Came!

After about 3 months, my Lorna's Laces finally came! It was well worth the wait, too, even if it means that I have to wait to make my Twisted Float Shrug until next fall. Not my finest photographic hour, but I think the colors show up well all the same. That's Boucle in Blackberry and Shepherd Worsted in Blackberry and Lakeview. I think it's going to be beautiful!

This is going to be a rather brief post since I don't have much new to report. I can't imagine how showing you a pile of Sugar Plum Cotton-Ease and calling it a sweater would be interesting. Once I get done with the main knitting, I'll show it to you. At this point, I'm still working the raglan decreases. At first, the rows had 300 stitches each but now we're down to about 250. My stitches under the armholes are REALLY loose because of the awkwardness of attaching all of the pieces together. I'm hoping I'll be able to disguise that during the seaming process.

So, about Rebecca's this Saturday. I believe it's going to be a very poor turnout, and I'm debating whether I'll be attending myself. It's the week before finals week and I have a lot to do, but I'm still on the fence. I'll also need to see how I'm feeling. My stomach is improving but it's not totally better. Anyway, if you'll be there, give me a shout out!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you order your Lorna's Laces from? I'm considering the shrug as a gift for my mom.

I, unfortunately will not be there on Saturday. It's been awhile for me, but I'm hoping next week will hold better prospects.

12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I can't wait to see the finished product! It will be beautiful, for sure.
I actually was thinking about going this Saturday, since I dont have any other plans for a change, but of course I wont go if no one will be there. Let me know what you decide

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home