Tuesday, May 09, 2006

What Every Knitter Needs



A giant crocheted doily! Okay, so it isn't really a doily, but that is what it looks like to me. I was getting a little bored with the Frost Flowers Shawl and due to the abundance of white fur in my apartment, and the white furs ability to be attracted anything dark, I don't work on the shop sample in my apartment. I picked up some Calmer from my stash, ordered 1 more skein on line, and started the Lacy Cocoon Shrug by Annie Modesit. I don't know what it was about the shrug that drew me, but I was captured. The Calmer was meant to be used for Tempting II, but I wasn't ready to start that project yet, so I will have to buy more Calmer. Quite a tragedy really, having an excuse to buy more of a yarn love so much. It is crocheted, and I have crocheted for awhile. I had forgotten how quickly crochet moves, and I am not a quick crocheter. It helps that most of this piece is simply chains, but I got this far in basically 1 day, while working on the brown sweater.

As far as my brown sweater goes, progress is being made. The frogged back is over 1/2 way done.

I guess that is all I am going to say for today. I hope that the weather is better for you then it is here in Boston (predicting rain every day until next week, blah!)

4 Comments:

Blogger bitterknitter said...

Wow, you got really far on the crochet! I picked today as my first day to wear sandles for the season, next time I'll check the weather first.

12:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What?!? Rain all week? Gotta love this Boston weather.

Or not.

1:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey...cool. I love that pattern too. I tried swatching for it a few weeks ago just for fun, but I suck at keeping track of how many stitches I've made. It looks great!

7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the doily/shrug/whatnot (nods to Christine) looks lovely. My knitting teacher showed me a couple of crochet moves yesterday but I won't be able to test drive them until next week cuz i'm wicked busy till then. Maybe it won't rain in Vermont (where I"ll be this weekend). There was talk of a cookout from my hostess, so I'm feeling optimistic.

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home