Monday, May 08, 2006

Sitcom Chic is finished!


This may be the fastest long-sleeved sweater that I've ever made. It's miles and miles of simple stockinette was just what I needed during my stressful week last week.

Project stats:

Pattern: Sitcom Chic from knitty
Yarn: Lion Brand Cotton-Ease in Sugar Plum
Needles: Addi Turbo Size 5's and 8's
Time to completion: approximately a week and a half
Overall thoughts on the pattern: this is a really great pattern with minimal finishing and a nice, simple, clean design. I didn't change anything about the pattern, although I feel like I should have used size 6 needles to do the bottom ribbing because it rolls up a lot.

This week will be no better stress-wise. In fact, I anticipate very little knitting time at all, but that's OK with me because there's light at the end of the tunnel. Pretty soon, I'll have lots of knitting time and time to do other things, too.

Naturally, I wasted no time starting something else. I wasn't sure what to work on, actually. I have lots of cute little tanks and sleeveless tops in the pipeline, but I decided that since it's spring, I should do another long-sleeved cotton sweater and leave the other stuff until summer when it's 95 degrees in my house and the only thing I want to be dealing with is something super-light. So, I decided to start Shingle, my Cotton Tape sweater. It's a very fast moving project as well, which is good for me this week since I'll feel like I'm getting a lot of knitting done.

Today begins the hell of finals week. I have 4 exams starting Wednesday and ending next Wednesday. Two are take-homes, which I actually prefer even though they're harder. I have performance anxiety issues with time-pressure situations. I actually ate a couple of meals yesterday which is good, although they have to be on the bland side. OK by me as long as the tummy trouble stays at bay. I'm mostly looking forward to having wine again, though. Last night, my mom had us over for dinner and everybody was enjoying onion dip and wine. I had water. C'est la vie, n'est-ce pas? The good news is, we're turning in our Aerodynamics project today!!!!!!!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, great finish! I can't believe you did that so quickly. :)

Good luck finals! May 17th is my personal freedom day. :)

10:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ooh...maybe I should make that sweater...

1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the sweater!

Good luck on your finals.

1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...a week and half. That's awesome. Very cute!

3:37 PM  
Blogger Disentangled said...

Congrats on your FO - I can't wait to see it on :-)

I'm glad you are starting to feel better. I will send you positive finals thoughts! Youcandoit!!!

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home