Thursday, May 04, 2006

I have lived in the Boston area now for almost 10 years. On Tuesday night I reached a pinnacle in Boston life. I was invited to a Red Sox Yankees game. For those of you who don't know, tickets to any Sox game are hard to come by, tickets to a Sox Yankees game, impossible. People would prostitute themselves to get their hands on these tickets. Finally, after years of patient waiting, I had one ticket. This wasn't the game of Mirabelli's triumphant return to Boston, mind you, but still Beckett was scheduled to be on the mound, and he has had a phenomenal start of the season. Yes the weather was cold and drizzly, but Sox v. Yankees, I would put up with more. Before the game I visited the Cask n Flagon, along with a crowd of other Sox fans. After one beer (or was it two?) a rain delay was announced. No biggie, a little delay, at least I wasn't waiting in the park. After 3 beers and ordering food, the rain delay became a rain out. Can you believe it?! My first (perhaps my only) chance to see this legendary rivaly rain out! I still can't get over it (but I still have the ticket).

In knitting news, I still have a lump of lace for my Frost Flower and Leaves shawl. The lump is growing though. I finished the first portion of the chart and the first repeat of the second chart portion. My cabled sweater is coming along well. I have started the V neck separation. I am definitely going to be frogging the back, it is much looser than the front, and I think I like the look of the front better than the back, which I always thought was just too loose. The only question is whether I should continue with the tight knitting I am consciously doing on the size six needles or swap down to size 5 and knit at my usual tension. I am leaning towards sticking with the 6 for consistency.

I just realized, I went from an all blue knitting phase and now am in an all brown phase, interesting, especially since I have never knit with brown yarn before.

3 Comments:

Blogger bitterknitter said...

That definately sucks on the Sox Yankees tickets :(

I tend to go through color phases too. Although I can't even think of what colors I'm knitting with right now, is that any indication that I've got too many things on the needles? :)

3:30 PM  
Blogger bitterknitter said...

My :( ended up on different lines! It looks kinda weird.

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That totally sucks about the game! Don't you get to go to the game when its rescheduled?? Going to a sox-yanks game at fenway is on my list of things to do before I die, for sure.

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home