Wednesday, May 10, 2006

A whole lotta buyin' goin' on

Not quite the infamous words of Jerry Lee Lewis, but it's true all the same. Since I haven't been buying yarn, I've been buying books...lots of books. I don't know when I think I'm going to find time to make all of these patterns, but I'm optimistic. I've been eyeing the Debbie Bliss Pure Silk and the Jaeger book for a long time, so I guess I don't feel too terribly bad about those. The VK Stitchionary I got with my 40% Joann's coupon - yay!

I just LOVE Greetings from the Knit Cafe! Even though the patterns are simple, they are classic and knit up in luxurious yarns. They evoke a relaxing evening of sipping wine and knitting or curling up with a book. Or sitting on the floor on a lazy weekend morning reading the newspaper and drinking coffee. At this time in my life, I just love the idea of doing these things, especially in an angora hoodie! One week to go! In the text that goes with the photos, she also speaks of Los Angeles so fondly that it made me nostalgic for the time I lived there, all those years ago in college. Just a great, overall cozy feeling. Happy, happy! I have enough yarn in my stash to make the Comfy Socks.

It's leftover from previous DOA projects.

As far as the actual knitting goes, I thought about just saying, "The Shingle? Guess what? Are you sitting down? It's LONGER." But I made enough progress that I guess it's worth a photo. I think I'll finish the back tomorrow and start on one of the fronts.

I'm making good progress on my take home exams, so the weekend isn't looking too horrible. Anybody planning on making it to Rebecca's this week?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be there but I will be late like 4pm if anyone is still there. Forgot I had to work the Lemon Grove Fest that day. What a bummer!
I love those socks! Maybe that should be The Grove sock class instead of the Knitty ones. Then I have a legitimate excuse to buy the book.

1:43 PM  
Blogger Disentangled said...

I am planning on being there on Saturday. However, let me know if you don't think you'll be coming :-)

Glad your take home finals are going well!

10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for making good progress on exams!

I'll probably be there tomorrow. :-)

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home