Thursday, May 15, 2008

Josephine FO

I finally got some rechargeable batteries for my camera, so I'm able to bring you the following FO shot:

100_0135

This is Josephine which I knit using Queensland Cotolino that I purchased 50% off at Lori's Frames, Fibers and Frills in Alpine. The gauge of the yarn is DK, but the pattern calls for sportweight, so I had to make a different size. It seemed to work out well. I totally lived on the edge in terms of running out of yarn. In fact, I got so freaked about it that I used a coordinating yarn for the neckline trim just in case. It matched the ribbon that I used for the tie, so it actually looks cute. The pattern calls for the tie to made out of yarn, but since I was low on yarn, I decided to go with a ribbon. I also altered the proportions of the pattern so that the tie hit me immediately below the bustline so it would be more flattering. I'm very happy with how this pattern turned out - I've already worn it a couple of times!

Since then, I've also finished my Something Red, but have no finished photos. I ended up being really happy with how it turned out, so I'll get some FO shots at some point.

On a personal note, this has been a good week for me career-wise. I got two job offers! I'm so thrilled because I've been interviewing for a couple of months already. I haven't totally decided, but I think I'm going to end up working at General Atomics Aeronautical Systems. Also, Joe has an interview next week at Northrop Grumman, so fingers crossed for him. I picked out two outfits for him to wear. I picked through piles and piles of discounted shirts and ties at the Nordstrom Rack and I think I did really well. There was a lot of ick there. Which one do you like best?

100_0136

100_0137

8 Comments:

Blogger arianna said...

Josephine looks SO pretty!! I love the alterations you made - it looks great on you.

Also, I like both shirt/tie combinations, but I think for job interview I'd definitely lean towards the first one (brown shirt). The other is really great but might be better for fun dress-up instead of sober job interview. :)

Although...if he wants to project "different" and "interesting", the red shirt definitely might work, too! Hmm. I suppose it depends on the job & what he wants to say!

9:03 AM  
Blogger arianna said...

By "fun dress-up", I meant like...wedding, or going out to a fancy restaurant. I didn't mean, like, oh that's only suitable for acting like you're 10 and pretending you're dad going to work. Or whatever. Haha.

9:04 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Josephine looks great - very flattering! I actually knit a summer top and I like it. I'll post about it soon.

I'd go with the first shirt/tie combo for an interview.

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Josephine looks fantastic!!

I would definitely go with the first option for the interview. Congrats on your job offers!

11:54 AM  
Blogger Disentangled said...

Congrats on the job offers! That's great news :-) Josephine came out great as well!

12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Josephine looks great on you! And congrats on the job offers! Way to go!

1:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The first shirt and tie combo for the interview, not too flashy but a touch more creative than white or blue. Save the red one for his first day on the job, that color is going to rock on him and no sense making the employer jealous at the interview! Shall I poll the "twin" when I get home?

6:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi,

I really love that sweater. Is that an original pattern?

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home