Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Finally an FO!

I was lazy and didn't tear out the zipper in Celtic Icon, instead, I finished inserting the zipper and tried it on. When the edges didn't curl out I decided to declare CI complete! Of course, having a new wool/cashmere blend FO in early spring meant that it had to be worn immediately, before the weather had a chance to warm up a single degree, and I am very happy with it.
Pattern: Celtic Icon from Inspired Cable Knits by Fiona Ellis.
Yarn: Queensland Collection Kathmandu DK (10 skeins)
Needles: Addi Turbo US 4

Modifications: 1st--I used a DK yarn instead of a sport weight yarn, this meant that I had a different gauge than specified in the pattern, so I had to make adjustments, row and stitch wise for my gauge.
2nd--the Original is done in 2 colors with side panels in a contrasting color from the main (front/back) pieces. I eliminated the second color and eliminated the use of side panels (the less seeming the better in my mind)
3rd--the Original has no waist shaping. I do have waist shaping, so now my CI has waist shaping too.
4th--I don't know if this actually counts as a mod, but instead of using a standard separating zipper I used a two way separating zipper.



5 Comments:

Blogger Disentangled said...

Lovely! It turned out great and your modifications were spot on!

9:50 AM  
Blogger arianna said...

Oooh, I LOVE it. I want one now, too! :)

And that first picture of you is so cute!

Congrats on being done...glad you decided the zipper was a go, after all.

Good (?) thing the weather is still *freezing*...! Heh.

10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great fit! I looks lovely.

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was suppose to be "it looks lovely". I shouldn't be doing this so early.

10:41 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful sweater and you look great!

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home