Friday, February 22, 2008

The Blobs

I've been a terrible blogger lately, but I haven't had anything to share, really. I have been working on things, but they're in various states of blobness. I have blobs of knitting everywhere but nothing truly blogworthy. However, last weekend, I knit my first Herringbone Fingerless Mitt. I used Wool Cotton from my stash that seemed destined for stash oblivion until this project emerged.

100_0130

I really enjoyed knitting this, but this was an exercise in re-learning fair isle knitting. Mostly, it involved getting comfortable with just how loose your floats have to be to keep the pattern from looking pinched. I finally got into the swing of it toward the end, but the sections near the wrist could use a little work. The second one is turning out much better. This project did help me to remember that I really do like stranded knitting and I think perhaps I should do more of it. I have a long-term goal of knitting a Dale of Norway sweater, so perhaps I can dream?

I am also working on a self-designed raglan sweater in Jo Sharp Silkroad DK Tweed for which I have almost finished the second sleeve, at which point I will join into one big blob for the yoke. I am also making a Drive Thru out of Cotton-Ease for the fair Savannah. That is a more diversionary project that will be finished soon, at which time I will return to the raglan.

I also did some damage at the Two Sisters and Ewe sale where I bought a total of 12 skeins of Cascade 220, enough for two sweaters in some smokin' colors, projects TBD. All of that yarn only set me back around $60.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, I love these! Don't you just LOVE fingerless mitts? I've been pleased by how much use I've been getting out of mine.

10:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like them! Isn't wool cotton the best?!

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home