Tuesday, March 18, 2008

More Scraps



I have made more progress with scrap yarn. My Pirate hat is finished, I was able to use the lavender left over from my herringbone mitts for the hat liner (I forgot to take a photo of the lining, sorry).
On Friday I found myself taking a train from Boston to Philly. I knew that I would be returning to Boston on Saturday night. I needed a small project to keep me busy. My Pirate Hat wasn't done at that time, but I knew that it wouldn't be enough to keep me busy during my time away. My Evangeline weren't done (and still aren't) but again that wouldn't be enough. I could have brought both with me, but that would take up space that I didn't want to use, so I reached into my left over lace weight yarn and pulled out a 1/2 skein of black Misti Alpaca that I had left over from my Ethereal Fichu shawl and the pattern for Icarus and brought those with me on the train. I finished the half skein on the train ride home and on Sunday I joined the remaining skein that I owned. I don't think that 1 1/2 skeins will be enough to finish this shawl, but I figure that buying just one skein of black Misti Alpaca won't break the bank and that black should be easy to match. Much to my surprise I am enjoying the simplicity of this pattern, I have liked the FO very much since I first saw it, but I had been hesitant to make it, thinking that I would easily get bored with the body of the shawl. It is nice to see that I was mistaken.
Black yarn is not the best color choice for me. Sorry about the white cat hairs, Isis likes to seek immortality in yarn.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pirate hat? Yay!

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home