Thursday, March 20, 2008

Book Review

Today I have nothing interesting to share knitting-wise. Icarus is just a bigger blob of black. Therefore, I am going to give a long over due book review of Debbie Macomber's Back on Blossom Street. K & I were asked awhile ago to do a review of this book, but with our various schedules we just weren't able to get the review together.

Back on Blossom Street is the third installment of Macomber's series about the lives of the owner and customers of a Seattle yarn store. This book was very similar to the first 2, so if you enjoyed them, chances are good that you will enjoy Back on Blossom Street. The book tells the stories of the problems that several returning characters are dealing with and introduces new characters as well. Of course, everyone has a happy ending.

Back on Blossom Street was an easy, quick read. Unfortunately, I found the story to be a bit predictable, and more than that it seemed a little naive with it's characterizations of young women living in the city of Seattle. I honestly don't know if things are different in Seattle than they are here, but no one I know is anything like the women in the book.

1 Comments:

Blogger arianna said...

I found the exact same to be true of A Good Yarn...all of what you said in this review...so I guess I'm not going to be checking out anything further in the series or from Ms. Macomber!

Thanks for warning me! :)

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home