Thursday, August 23, 2007

Since I Last Blogged

It has been at least a week since I made my last appearance here. During the time I have been away I have taken a day trip on the Fast Ferry to Provincetown, down on the tip of the Cape (if you haven't been there, you must, it is lovely, a small busy town surrounded by the Cape Cod National Sea Shore, with dunes and beaches, and bike trails). Unfortunately the trip was a business trip so I didn't actually have time to enjoy anything P-Town offered. I have also been visiting with K, though not in Rhode Island.



Knittingwise, I have managed to finish, but not block the MS3. This is the finished "wing"










I picked up a sock that I probably never mentioned here, the Millicent Sock by the fabulous Cookie A. The sock is a knee high sock, which I knit using left over Naturespun from my Whiskey Sweater. It has what feels like miles and miles of ribbing, but some interesting shaping with the ribbing. These photos don't show what the ribbing does. I will post more complete photos once I have a pair to show off. I think that I have enough Naturespun to make a mate for this sock.


Finally, I have started the Snowflake Sock from the current IK. I have modified the sock by making the leg part considerable shorter than intended. I am making the two socks the revers of each other. I am using left over Louet Sales Gems Opal, which was originally used for the Anemoi mittes by Eunny Jang.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Busy! I'm looking forward to seeing the shawl blocked. Still on the lookout for its satanic motif, or did you find it? LOL

1:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love P-Town! Its been ages since I've been, but its always so nice. I will actually be in Mass on Wed... I can't wait!

9:13 PM  
Blogger melissa said...

i love p-town too. despite living in mass, i still don't get there as often as i'd like.

i love a the knits in progress, especially the shorter snowflake socks, they look so pretty!

9:06 AM  
Blogger wenders said...

I love your colorwork! :)

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home