Thursday, July 05, 2007

You really have to love having a day off in the middle of the week. Admittedly, there are also problems with the mid-week day off, you can't use that time to go away, for example, but it does make the week go faster. Despite living in Boston, where hundreds of thousands of people come to see the Pops and Fireworks, which is broadcast on televisions across the nation, I did not make it to Esplanade to partake. I did manage to catch part of the dress rehearsal on the 3rd, though there were too many people there for me to get any decent photographs of the performance. I managed to sneak some knitting time in yesterday and finished up my Sunshine sweater.

Thanks to Google I did figure out how to do a picot cast off, so I didn't have to eliminate that part of the design. I like the line of the sweater and believe that this is a good casual work type shirt. I modified the sleeves slightly. The pattern called for 3 inches of seed stitch at the bottom of the sweater, since I was making a short sleeve version I thought that 3 inches would be too much seed stitch (besides I hate seed stitch). I mirrored the amount of seed stitch that is at the bottom of the sweater. I don't think that I got the right gauge, but given that this is a cotton blend yarn, I figure that some negative ease is not a bad thing. I can not stress enough how much I LOVE Rowan's Calmer, it is so soft and light.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jscothammerquist said...

You look great in that sweater pretty girl !

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks and fits great! Totally emphasizes that tiny waist! You go girl!!

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It turned out really lovely. May I also express envy that even whey you are looking down, you do not get a double chin? LOL It's always good to know our blessings so we can count 'em. I personally am happy to be down to a chin and a half!

12:40 PM  
Blogger Lily said...

It's gorgeous. I think Calmer is an excellent choice. How many balls you used? I think I must try calmer to my next project :)

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home