Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Lace, Lace everywhere and Not a Shawl to Wear

I finished the green Spring Things Shawl made
out of some lace weight mohair that was given to me by Lissy. It was a very quick knit and started at the top center of the shawl and worked it out and down. I haven't blocked the shawl yet which is why it isn't ready for wearing.
Before even finishing the shawl I came upon some lace weight Malabrigio. I had heard that it existed before, but I think it was discontinued for a while. Let me tell you, in the skein, this yarn is absolutely wonderful. It has the soft supple feel of traditional Malabrigio yarn. I bought 3 skeins of the yarn and I think that I will be trying to design a shawl with it.
Now that I have finished this shawl, it is time to move onto my next project, which I will try to blog about on Thursday.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty shawl. And I want to see that purple in person sometime!

4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you really transformed that hairy mohair yarn into something wonderful! So glad it turned out well for you. The Malabrigo look yummy -- all striated and variegated and lovely. Can't wait to see what you do with that!

12:55 PM  
Blogger Jscothammerquist said...

The shawl is beautiful. Esy for you maybe, I seem to lose my focus doing shawls. I dunno.
I agree about the malabrigo lace weigth. I had gotten some recently and now I want a skein in every color. I am going to male a simple shawl with mine.

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home