Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Sew, Have Ya Done Any Knitting?

In order to try and hide the fact that I knitted about 4 inches on my Fitted Tank and had to rip it all out because I forgot to do the increases, I'll show you sewing projects instead. First up is a pair of capri PJ bottoms that I'm going to maake out of the cutest fabric. I've already cut out the pieces:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I also got some lace trim and purple ribbon that I'm going to add as embellishments. Here's a close-up of the fabric:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Its called Paris Cats. That about sums it up, I'd say. I bought it at Rosie's Calico Cupboard in El Cajon.

I've also got a couple of skirts on deck. One is a pencil-style mid-calf skirt made out of the fabric I showed you last week. I've already cut out the pieces and the lining. Today, though, while I was at Joann's innocently buying lining at 99 cents per yard, I came across this fabric and it just HAD to become a half-circle skirt - like TODAY!!! I cut the pieces out and will sew it on Saturday.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Its really hard to get an idea of how its going to look from that photo, but picture big, full, feminine and flirty - some of my favorite things in a skirt. I wonder what a masculine skirt would look like. Hmmm. Discuss, discuss.

Anyway, here's a closeup of the fabric that just had to be mine:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

But, but, but, it was 50% off! Famous last words.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute fabric for pj's!! You have some awesome skirts lined up.

1:43 AM  
Blogger The Digger said...

I love that blue fabric! So pretty! It needs a bit of lace peeking out at the bottom or something.

A masculine skirt I think would be very narrow and tailored, in a dark solid suiting fabric.

1:46 AM  
Blogger Bonnie O. said...

Love the blue fabric. Jessica's lace idea is a good one. It would give the skirt a little spunk!

7:39 AM  
Blogger wenders said...

Love the blue circles, too. And I think of a kilt as a masculine skirt...

9:13 AM  
Blogger Disentangled said...

cute, cute, cute! I've got all my AB fabric washed and ready...but somehow I think I will finally be sewing up my in-laws' Christmas presents on Saturday. Yeah...just remembered about those this morning...oops!

10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That fabric is PERFECT for a circle skirt! I love it! And the PJ fabric is way cute, too! Rosie's is overwhelming, is it not? I used to go there back in my quilting days.

10:40 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sewing isn't boring at all! How cute are those Paris Cats?? I really wish I had a sewing machine... someday...

1:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home