Friday, July 06, 2007

Rusted Root FO

It isn't blocked in this photo - doing so definitely helped with the fit. It was a little snug when I took the photo, but I have since washed and worn it and it fits great now. What was great was that, since it started out small, it didn't get all baggy as the day went on.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The stats:

Pattern: Rusted Root, designed by Zephyrstyle, size 38" bust
Yarn: Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in Berry, 3 skeins
Needles: Size 7 Addi Turbo's for the body and Size 5 Knitpicks Options circulars for the ribbed edges
Modifications: I pretty much only kept the lace pattern and the edgings and changed the fit entirely. When the raglan seam was long enough, I cast on the remaining stitches I needed for the width using e-loop cast-on. I changed the waist increases and decreases so it was the length I wanted - I think I added 2 or 3 inches from the original pattern, but I can't remember.
Overall thoughts: I can't comment on the pattern much because I didn't do the puffed sleeves, nor did I follow the shaping. I do think it is a lovely design though, so kudos to Zephyrstyle for that.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks great - I love the color!

5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow- that color is amazing- I love it!

PS: Thank you so much for your comment the other day. (I thought I had your email somewhere, but I guess not. :( ) Anyway, I really appreciate all the positive thoughts- it helps so much! xo-S.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Disentangled said...

The fit is great! And the color - obviously ;-) I bet you will wear that a lot.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Looks great. I love the mods. Because I wouldn't want to wear puffed sleeves either.

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home