Thursday, May 03, 2007

Season of Darkness

On Tuesday night I finished the colorwork for my Season of Darkness sweater. I also joined the two halves of the sweater together using the three needle bind off called for in the instructions. I don't love how the pattern calls for 2 rows of plain knitting with the main color at the end. This creates about 4 rows of plain knitting without any colorwork right down the center of the back.









I still have lots of edging to work on with this. While I now have 1 1/2 of the cuff edging done, the cable and lace edging extends all around the body of the sweater and acts as the collar. Then once all the edging is done I have to buy some crushed velvet to line the edging and sew it in place. So, there is still a good deal of work to be done with this sweater, but the end if very near now! I am both excited and a little disappointed. I really enjoyed doing the colorwork on this and I LOVE the brocade look of the knit fabric.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger wenders said...

Gorgeous! I can't wait to see this all finished!

12:25 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

This is really beautiful!!

3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a truly remarkable garment, Jeanette (as remarkable as its creator). I can't wait to see how it looks since I have no imagination and cannot figure out how it works.

12:30 PM  
Blogger Jscothammerquist said...

Beautiful !
I can only hope one day to be able to do colorwork as lovely as that.
A Work of Art.

4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

amazing! every time you show this sweater I'm in awe of its beauty! Your doing a great job

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home