Saturday, April 14, 2007

Jezabel is Finished!



I finished my modified Jezabel* this afternoon.

If you remember, this is a Louisa Harding pattern. The original, which you can see on the left, had a high neck and was made in a solid yarn (obviously one of her own). I decided to use some Freedom Spirit yarn instead. I enjoyed this yarn, though it is a bit fuzzy. I didn't have problems with the yarn splitting, however, at points the twist seemed none existent and I felt like I was knitting with unspun yarn. I also changed the neck-line. I didn't like the idea of the collar being that high around my neck, so I gave the sweater a V neck. I am not positive how I like what I did with the collar on mine, but I am living with it for today to see how I feel about it latter. I am actually not sure how I feel about the entire sweater. My sweater feels a bit short on me. If I were to use this pattern again, I would make it longer before starting the waist shaping. I haven't blocked the sweater though, so perhaps if I try blocking I could force the FO to be longer. (Sorry about the stupid facial expression. I was getting sick of trying to take a photo of myself by this point.)

*ordinarily I would spell the name "Jezebel" but the pattern apparently uses and a after the z, so I am using that spelling.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks really nice!! What edging did you end up using on the neckline?

12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it looks great and I love the neckline modifications.

12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

However you spell it, it turned out great. Having seen you block my impossibly curling cable scarf into submission, I have full confidence in your ability to make your sweater do your bidding. ;)

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home