Thursday, April 12, 2007

Four Letter Words

Were said on Tuesday night. After posting about my speedy progress on Whiskey I went home and worked some more. I was nearly done with the left front when what did my eyes see?

Can you see the problem?

Maybe not, perhaps this is too much of a close up on the problem area. This is how it should look:



As you can see, the squares should line up so that the dark diamonds form a diagonal stripe, and the light diamonds form a parallel diagonal stripe. Is that what mine does? No, somehow I managed to put two diamonds of the same color above one another.

Time to frog.

I certainly did not feel like frogging on Tuesday night, so instead, I dug into my smallish stash and pulled out some Socks that Rock yarn. I have never posted a photo of this purchase, and I stopped making socks shortly after I bought the yarn. I found my sock mojo again when I discovered the collection of fabulous sock patterns by Cookie A. Cookie A, you may recall, is the designer of Knitty's Pomatomus socks and many other Knitty socks. I will show you progress on this soon.




By the way, you can see that Isis is ready for her close up Mr. DeMille. I tried to shoot the yarn without her, but she clearly wanted to be the focus of the photo.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Disentangled said...

Well, clearly Isis is the star of that photo. I'm sure she felt you were cluttering up the shot with all that yarn. Shame on you ;-)

2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no! Sorry you had to rip... but the section that's finished looks so good, I'm sure you'll be happy afterwards that they match. :)

And I so hear you on Cookie's sock patterns. They were all on display at Stitches West, including the original versions of her Knitty patterns, and I said to my sister, "LOOK! It's the first ever Pomatomus! And Hedera! These are celebrity socks!" Then... she walked away from me. But anyway. Which pattern are you going to make?

8:46 PM  
Blogger Jscothammerquist said...

O hello Isis !
(insert kitty pat here)

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home