Thursday, December 08, 2005

It's Time for a Tea (shawl) Party!


Yipee! Woo Hoo! 115 10 row repeats are done! Not a moment too soon either, the last 50 or so repeats were bad, but the last 4 or 5 repeats were absolutely deadly. The Shetland Tea Shawl is finished, done, complete!

This is it before blocking. Unfortunately, blocking is not done, I didn't have enough straight pins to block it all, so I have a little over half of it blocked now and will be blocking the rest as soon as I get more straight pins. Therefore, I don't yet have any shots of me dancing and prancing around with my shawl. :( Here are some blocking shots:

And finally, here are shots of the 4 individual motifs. Unfortunately, this first picture shows an area that I must have screwed up on, I don't know why there is a random hole in the lace. If I had seen that before I left home, I would have shot a different section so that you couldn't see one of my many imperfections.

Vital Stats for the Shawl:

Pattern--Shetland Tea Shawl from Meg Swansen's A Gathering of Lace

Yarn--Skackel Lace Weight Merino

Needles--Size 3, dpns, 16" Inox circs; & 24" Addi Turbos

Started 11/6/05, finished 12/7/05

Approximate number of stitches 67,435

Finally, to the North End Ladies, sorry I didn't make it last night, I got home from work early and fell asleep, next thing I knew it was 7:00 and I didn't feel like going out into the cold again. Mara, I will bring your books back next week, unless you want them earlier, in which case, you name the time and place and I will get them to you. Christine, I will have some stuff for you next week to, unless you want it sooner, then just let me know.

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Congradulations! I would say you desserve more than tea, maybe a whole coffee cake. Looks great. Now I expect prancing photos.

I am in no hurry with the patterns. This a payday so I'll be preoccupied with spending 30% of it on yarn.

10:44 AM  
Blogger bitterknitter said...

Pretty shawl!

I have books to give back to you as well. Do you want me to bring them over? I'll email you.

11:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your shawl is aMaZIng! don't think i would be so brave...

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow... that's gorgeous!

12:37 PM  
Blogger Mara Fitch said...

The shawl is beautiful, you did an amazing job. No hurry on the books, hold on to them longer if you wish.
Hope to see you next week.

10:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeanette, your tea shawl is gorgeous. I actually even liked it in its unblocked state. Congratulations.

3:03 PM  
Blogger wenders said...

Holy cow! Maybe 2006 can be my year of trying lace, since clearly now I know someone who can help me. Amazing!

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home