Tuesday, February 06, 2007

A Weekend Without Work

For the past 2 weeks or so I have had a project covering my desk, dominating my working time, taking over some evenings, intruding on my weekend. Because of this project I have missed several karate classes and, more tragically, lost knitting time. This weekend, despite having more work to do on this case, I didn't work, I knit. Then I knit some more.








I managed to finish the sleeves of the Nantucket Jacket. K's Sugar Plum cotton-ease seemed to work perfectly. Thanks K! I used one skein to make both sleeves and had a small amount of yarn left over from that skein. I attached the sleeves to the jacket, then I unseemed the center of the collar and re-did it, and then I picked up the cotton-ease that I had started with and did the crocheted edging


As a result of the knitting time, I managed to finish the whole jacket (well, except for weaving in the ends, and buying and attaching buttons) I am hoping that with proper buttons attached the sweater won't gape the way it does in this photo.



While I am not participating officially or unofficially in the UFO resurrection thing, I did resurrect Etheral Fichu. I did more repeats of the main pattern section, and a half a repeat less of the end repeat section. I am so sick of this shawl that I am going to knit 1 1/2 more rows then bind off the thing, call it done and block it. End of story.

Well, I have to return to work now. Have a good day!

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your jacket! The stitches look so nice and even, and it looks great on you! Do you feel that the jacket is really heavy in cotton? I'm wanting to make one really badly, and I'm still considering my options. I love the idea of cotton, I just fear having a heavy jacket.

1:49 PM  
Blogger Lily said...

I like your jacket so much. This is something that I would like to knit. It looks very flatering on you.

3:51 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

it is very flattering! It shows off your tiny little waist!

10:14 PM  
Blogger arianna said...

Wow, the jacket looks gorgeous! Lovely work (as always). :)

4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in love with your jacket it came out so well!!! Great job! : )

2:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The purply goodness that is your new sweater is divine. Congratulations.

10:34 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Looks fabulous!

11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home