Monday, February 19, 2007

I Did It!

I overcame almost a year's worth of inertia and picked up Starsky again. I had no idea where I was in the pattern, couldn't remember what cable I'd chosen, what size needle I was using, or what size I was making. But I sat down yesterday for about an hour and sorted all of that out and charted out my decreases to finish the last piece. That's what caused the hiccup in the first place. Decreasing for the neckline and the armhole at the same time took some planning. Anyway, here she is blocking:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The lighting is bad because the weather in San Diego is quite atrocious. I know, we deserve it because it was 80 degrees here over the weekend while the rest of the country was buried up to their a&%#es in snow.

I've decided that when it comes time for seaming, I'm going to use another yarn because Polar has literally NO twist to it, so it looks at risk for shredding and breaking. I picked up some Patons Classic Merino in a color that I think it close enough. We'll see how it goes:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

All of this virtuosity (i.e. finishing Hudson without starting something new, finishing Hourglass and picking up an old UFO) got me thinking. I should start a new project! So, I started Remembering Honey from the Spring 2003 issue of Interweave. I'm using Strawberry Cream Cotton-Ease. I felt, given the delicate lacy femininity of the pattern, the color was appropriate. I'm loving the little lacy bits at the bottom. They look like crochet, don't they?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazingly fast Starsky! I'm loving the stitch pattern to Remembering Honey... I'll have to see about getting a back issue of that Interweave!

6:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love Honey! Must see if I have that pattern.
I am now feeling SO guilty about my starsky. She must be next in line. I can't be the flunky of the group.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Disentangled said...

Oh, that's a pretty pattern! Hmmm - another one to the list!!

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home