Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Hudson photos!

Finally...Hudson photos:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

A blurry shot of how the collar looks:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Stats:

Pattern: Hudson from Noro Knits by Jane Ellison
Size: Medium
Yarn: Big Kureyon, 7 skeins, color 18, I think
Needles: Size 10 Clover bamboo circulars
Date started: sometime in November
Date completed: 2/5/07
Modifications: A few. I know J had trouble with other patterns from this book because the armscye came out way too long. So, I measured myself and based my decreases on that. I also modified the body length. I'm not sure if it was longer or shorter than the pattern, but I did it to fit my measurements and desired length. I also completely changed the sleeve shaping. It's designed to be a unisex sweater to the arm increases were more toward the wrist. For a more fitted sleeve, I staggered them over the whole length. Edited to add: I also shortened the sleeves about about 3/4". I guess this also has to do with the fact that it's a unisex sweater. I also omitted the hood and made a shawl collar.
Overall thoughts: Obviously, I changed this pattern quite a bit to suit my tastes. I think it's a cute design though. There are several nice patterns in this book.

I'd like to thank Cora for helping me with the zipper again. It looked kind of sloppy when I asked her to secure the ends and she did an amazing job. It's very passable now. Overall, I'm very proud of this sweater.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Marisa said...

It looks fantastic - great job! I really like that colorway.

7:03 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

wow, it looks great! Nice fit, too!

10:12 PM  
Blogger Disentangled said...

Very nice!! I think you are going to get a lot of wear out of that. I noticed the zipper :-) - nice job!

9:34 AM  
Anonymous amanda cathleen said...

Great sweater! looks like it fits you well

2:23 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Looks even better in person!

11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home