Friday, February 09, 2007

Crappy Photo Friday

The photo gods were not on my side today as I show you my knitting progress. On Wednesday, I spent much of the day knitting on my Rogue sleeve, getting it to the armholes, only to realize that it was awfully small. I had 30 stitches fewer than I was supposed to! It took re-reading the sleeve section of the pattern a couple of times to find my error. In the increase rows, I'm supposed to do 4 increases per row, not two. This mistake dates back to last spring when I started the sleeve. So, I ripped it back almost to the beginning and made it sit in a corner by itself.


Instead, I cast on for the sleeve for Hourglass and knit away, finishing the first one last night. You can see there is a lot of pooling happening as soon as I start shaping the sleeve, but it's much more noticeable in this photo, I feel, than it is in person. We'll see. I started the second sleeve and am about 5 inches into it.


I also made a small amount of progress on my Wavy scarf. I've finished 5 repeats and it's 34 inches long. At this rate, I will probably need 10 to get it a decent length. I'm hoping for 9, though, because it's starting to get old.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

urgh! Stupid increasing right? I did the same thing last night, but on a baby sleeve. Not nearly as painful. Your hourglass sleeve looks fab, i love how the colors are landing. Same with your wavy! : )

10:56 AM  
Blogger KnittingJones said...

I love the colors of your Hourglass! Mine was green and I just love it. What yarn are you using?

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home