Thursday, February 08, 2007

Finally Finished Fichu!

Ethereal Fichu is done, or at least, has been bound off and freed from the needles that had held it prisoner for the past x months (I can't remember when I stared that thing, I don't think it was a year ago, but I certainly could be wrong about that). I have no photos of Fichu to share though, it hasn't been blocked yet, so I didn't bother photographing it. By Tuesday I should have some blocked lace shots of Fichu.

With Fichu off the needles, I am left scrounging around for some knitting. I have only enough yarn for one winter sweater , a sweater that I will be designing with Christine (I do have some summer yarn, but it is fricken cold out, and I like wearing what I make as soon as it is done). No photos of that anytime soon (so far only swatches have been done). My Season of Darkness sweater is still waiting for more yarn, though I can work on the cabled edging. So, as I wait to buy yarn for another winter sweater, and/or for progress on my design, I am working on my Seasilk scarf. This is the motif. I think that I am going to do about half of it, then cut the yarn, leaving the stitches live, and make the second half and graft the 2 halves together so that the flowers travel in the same direction on both sides.
I have selected my next sweater pattern, now I simply have to order the right yarn and get it started!

4 Comments:

Blogger bitterknitter said...

Yay! I'm so happy you finished it! I know you were working on it before Mara moved, so since at least May. Probably a year cuz were pretty sick of it by then :)

I can't wait to see it blocked!

3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Emily, I want to see it all finished - it was gorgeous even before blocking, so I'm sure that when it's flat and smooth it will be even better! What's your next sweater going to be? (Or did you tell me already and I'm completely blanking?)

4:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see it all blocked out! : )

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on finishing Fichu. And there was much rejoicing!

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home