Thursday, December 14, 2006

Running Late

Do you ever have those mornings where you sleep in a bit, calmly eat breakfast, choose not to wear make up, or dress up much. You know those mornings that you think are going to be calm, quiet work days? The ones that allow you time to stop in a coffee shop to pick up you fuel for the day? That was my morning today. All was peaceful and right in the world...

Or at least it was, until about the time I passed Fanieul Hall and realized (mid sip of coffee) that I had to be at a meeting at 8:30, which meant that needed to take the 7:40 bus. I started rushing to my bus stop, pulling out my cell phone so I could see what time it was, all the while trying desperately not to spill my coffee (I needed every bit of the caffeine!!!). I managed to successfully pull out my cell phone only to discover that it was 7:47. I resigned myself to showing up late, which I must admit to being sort of relieved since this meant that I no longer had to run to catch the bus. I ended up being about 20 minutes late for my meeting, at which I had to present my subcommittee's report.

Enough complaining, on to knitting: I have finished the heel flap for mom and now have to find the instructions for how to turn the heel. Wish me luck trying to find it. On Saturday I plan to buy buttons for my cousin's sweater and to start the other half of that front.

In the nature of "it's a small world" I was chatting with a couple of guys while waiting for and riding on the bus home yesterday (the wait is story in and of itself and involves spit) it turns out they know a sometimes North End knitter, who is the stage manager for a production they are putting on. Amazing the links that knitting gives us.

2 Comments:

Blogger bitterknitter said...

Do you know who they are probably talking about? I bet it is hmm, well I won't put her name on the internets...I'll just say she was at the knit-out and went and looked at the wine holder thingy with us after. She hasn't knit with the group for a long while, but I do see her every so often around town! I can't imagine that it is anyone else.

2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry you had such a kerfuffle, but you seemed to have handled it well. Good luck with finishing your holiday knitting. My prayers are with you!

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home