Thursday, September 07, 2006

Things and Stuff

To start this post with a past due photo, before leaving on vacation I finished my Hedera socks made with Mama-E sock yarn. I am wearing them right now with my suit (a lovely addition to the conservative black pin stripe skirt suit).

My post vacation calm quickly deserted me and the stresses of everyday life returned with full force yesterday. I have less than 6 days to draft and finalize an appellate brief (which I have never done before) I have a court appearance this afternoon, and there is also firm management stuff that is rearing its ugly head. At least there is still knitting, right? Not quite. Last night I managed to finish the first Ripple Weave Sock from the current VS (in my last post I referred to this sock as the Wave sock from VK, apparently I can't read). This sock is made with Claudia's Handpainted Merino sock wool which I bought in Maryland. It doesn't look bad does it? Shouldn't be any stress there, right? Wrong. I made the foot too long and my heel turns about half-way up my actual heel. This means that I will be frogging the sock almost back to its starting point.

ARRRRRGGGH! I really don't feel like frogging this back, but I guess I need to.

On another note, I have now been living in Massachusetts for 10 years. I don't know where that time has gone. The Big Dig was under construction (had had been for years) when I moved here, and it is still not complete now. It was possible to get tickets to Red Sox games when I first came here, even a short time before the game, now several great seasons and one World Series Championship latter, they are next to impossible to get last minute unless you are willing to pay serious money.

One year ago my kitty, Isis came into my life, for this I am very thankful, though I am not good at disciplining her. She is just too cute, I know that I should have stopped her before she was crawling up curtain here, but it was too funny watching her try to hunt something that didn't exist.

Finally, here is a picture of one of the trails that I went on in Acadia. The trail goes up along the edge of the mountain/rock. If you enlarge the picture, you can see some little people on the mountain, this is the trail. Seeing the people near the edge gave me pause, but really the trail was pretty tame.


It is about 15 past nine and I already feel like running away

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Aw, cute little curtain destroyer!

12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope all the office worky stuff went well! I love the color of your rippling wave sock, too bad about the heel. Your hedera socks look great!!

7:55 AM  
Blogger Katie Johnson said...

The blue sock is unbelievably complicated and beautiful. I'm crying for your frogging!

9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy mac! No wonder you were scared shitless! That rock looks pretty mean.

I was here a year before the big dig started, so if you want to know how long it's been, that means they're into year 15! Ugh!

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home