Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Project Lust

After a wait of about 2 weeks, I think, my Karabella 8 yarn from Flying Fingers finally arrived yesterday. Until yesterday, I had no particular project in mind for it. I was pretty sure I wanted a cardigan, but that's due as much to the weather here in Southern California as anything else. A wool cardigan is immensely useful, a pullover...not so much. They usually just end up sitting in your closet waiting for the one cold snap we get every year.

The planets aligned yesterday while I perused the knitty forum. Someone had posted a link to photos of their completed Bristow, a pattern I'd always liked, but somehow it hadn't made it to my "must knit" list. It all came together when I saw the photos and I knew I had found the right pattern for my yarn. A fitted aran cardigan was exactly the right thing and I have just enough yarn to make the size I want.

Here's my yarn:

The color is reasonably accurate, although it's not quite that bright. It's kind of a dark and gloomy morning, so my flash has over-compensated. As can be expected, I am REALLY anxious to cast on. I may cast on before I finish Somewhat Cowl because I don't think I'll run the risk of not finishing Cowl. I'm having some guilt issues with doing that, though.

Speaking of Somewhat Cowl, it is moving along, despite me not having a lot of time to knit this week. I'm about 1 1/2 inches into the ribbing at the bottom. Soon, I'll start the short row shaping on the sleeves. Yay!

I also managed to mail out the prize to our blog contest winner. So, enjoy!

3 Comments:

Blogger Disentangled said...

Great pattern choice! And great yarn :-)

11:30 AM  
Blogger ~Kristie said...

I remember when that pattern came out & I was eyeing it myself. I love your yarn choice! I can't wait to see the finished sweater!

3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great yarn and color choice!

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home