Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Fall

It is that time of year again. The temperature drops and knitting takes on a new urgency. Finally, all the socks worked on during the summer can be worn. In fact, I wore a pair of hand knit socks yesterday (Baudelaire) and am wearing another pair today (my red socks). Suddenly UFOs are seeming more attractive again. For instance, last night I wanted to work on my Twisted Float Shrug, unfortunately, the pattern is here, in my office (isn't that were knitting patterns belong). Since I couldn't work on Twisted Float I did this:
What you see is the start of the second half of the colorwork for my Season of Darkness Winter of Lights sweater. I haven't gotten very far on the second half, but since starting the second half means that I finished the first half I am very happy. I want to have this done before the holidays, and it looks like that will be possible. Yay!.

Since I am actually wearing the socks I have been making, I decided to resurrect a UFO older than the Twisted Float Shrug. I have resumed work on my Shelridge Farms cabled socks. I already have one done and stopped after finishing the gusset decrease on the second sock. What this sock confirms for me is that I really don't like using DPNs, I find that they are cumbersome and clumsy. I expect that this will be my last sock knit using DPNs, which is sort of a shame since I bought Brittany size 2 DPNs (5 inches) and am only using them for less than 1/2 of a sock.

Finally, I signed up for the Knitter's Tea Swap, this will be the first swap that I participate in. It seemed like the perfect swap for me. Only 1 package (I am lousy at getting to the post office, I still have the baby blanket I finished months ago sitting in my office waiting for me to walk next door so that I can mail it to my Aunt and her partner) you swap only 1-2 skeins of yarn and tea. I love tea, so I am looking forward to this.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Let the Fall knitting fever begin!

11:23 AM  
Blogger Katie Johnson said...

Love the sock you're working on. It seems a shame to cover those up with pants!

11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You said it, with Fall here in Western PA all the fall and winter knits are re-energized! Such lovely socks you are working on, fantastic colors : )

1:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How come you're calling them your red socks instead of the contest-winning name, or the alternate name you picked? Those socks deserve their proper name, which by the way, what is it again? :)

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home