Monday, September 25, 2006

I wanted to return the Jo Sharp DK Wool that I ended up not using for my vest (minus one skein for swatching) as soon as possible so it wouldn't just be sitting around my house reminding me of my fickleness. I drove up to Alpine yesterday to browse around Lori's Frames, Fibers and Frills to see if they had anything that piqued my interest. Naturally, I was immediately drawn to the tweed section of the shop and settled on Jo Sharp Silkroad Tweed DK in this amazing color - kind of purply periwinkly with flecks of black and grey. I thought it would be perfect for my hourglass sweater because it's soft enough to wear against the skin. Since the store didn't have the book, Last Minute Knitted Gifts, I had to go from memory for yarn requirements, but I checked when I got home and I'm good. I obviously want to cast on immediately, but I'll try to be patient.

Toward that end, I continued work on my Somewhat Cowl yesterday after casting it aside for several days. Bristow is starting to drive me crazy so I needed a break. I finished the sleeve I had started several days ago, and my next task is to take the other sleeve's stitches off of the scrap yarn they're on and start knitting on it. I really don't feel like working on this sweater anymore - I want it to be done! Especially considering that the cowl is going to have 54 rows! But, I really want to wear the sweater, so I guess I know what I have to do.

By the way, I don't think I ever showed you my Cash Iroha when it came in. I haven't really decided on a project - it was originally going to be my hourglass sweater, but I spied someone else's hourglass in tweed and knew it had to be that way. So, right now, it has the potential to be anything. I like dreaming of all of the things I can make with it.

We had our second class for the Eunny vest on Saturday, and we basically spent the entire time reworking the pattern because almost everyone's gauge was off, both row and stitch. I'm glad we took the time to do this, because I've heard a lot about sizing issues on this vest from blogs and knitalongs. It appears that the gauge that Eunny got is a little difficult to actually obtain. When I got home, I started my ribbing and I'm about three rows from finishing that. I had to go up a size due to gauge issues, so I have 228 stitches on the needle - ugh!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so close to finishing your somewhat cowl, but I can understand your desire to cast on for hourglass. Especially with that lovely yarn you picked up! I love the tweedy bits.
I picked up some cash iroha during my last trip to Webs. I too was going to knit hourglass with it, but then I found Everyday tweed at the garter belt (http://www.thegarterbelt.com/ms_tweed.html) Looks a lot like hourglass but with a more "incontrol" neckline.
Wowsa, 228 stitches to start? damn....

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home