Friday, September 22, 2006

Big News

TGIF!! After a long week, I'm so glad that Friday is finally here. Although I normally have work up in Sorrento Valley on Fridays, today I don't, so I'm going to relax a little, do some homework, run some errands, and do a little (make that a lot) of knitting. Yay!

Where was everybody at the Knit Salon last night? I decided to pop in around 8:30 and no one was there. There were about two people still hanging around, but everybody else had left. Talk about disappointment! Susan was getting ready to close up for the night, so I briefly leafed through the newest Rebecca, asked about the status of my yarn order, and left without having knit a single row. Sniff, sniff.

Speaking of my yarn order, I've decided to change the colors of my Eunny vest. Originally, I was looking at doing these colors because it allowed me to use some stash yarn:



But I've been craving earth tones lately - espresso brown, specifically (my mother tells it's the new black). I also couldn't get over the notion that I was knitting a college sweater. I'm sure in the end it would have been fine, but every time I picked the project up, I just wasn't feeling it, you know? So, on Saturday, I asked Susan to place an order of Nature Spun worsted in Roasted Coffee and Latte. Being the coffee freak that I am, I think I'll call this sweater Buzz from here on out.

Knowing that getting my swatch done in time would be a problem, Dis VERY generously unravelled a few yards from the skeins of Nature Spun using for a scarf so that I could knit my very own Harry Potter swatch:


I didn't have enough to do a magic loop swatch, so I used a different method but I think I kept everything too tight because I was afraid I didn't have enough yarn so everything turned out too tight. I'm going to take a chance that this is an anomoly and go with this needle size anyway. We'll see. Oddly enough, my Nature Spun Worsted swatch created a MUCH thinner fabric than my Jo Sharp DK Wool swatch. That' s a relief to me as I was wondering how I was going to wear such a thick thing in San Diego - ever.

Here's the thing, though. My yarn hasn't come in yet, as of last night. Susan is certain it will come in before Saturday, since she impressed upon them how very important it was that it be here by the class date. Again, thanks to Dis, the lifesaver, my swatch is done, so I'll be ready even if it comes in today. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Now for the big news! I heard on my Cotton-Ease email list that Lion Brand is bringing back Cotton-Ease in a few months with a whole new color pallette. Isn't that awesome news? I'm imagining a whole range of earthtones, jewel tones and subtle blues, purples, reds, etc. I hope I'm right.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmm... i love brown, but I think I heard that grey is actually the new black (see the fall Vogue Knitting)... I could be wrong? But I LOVE browns!

12:13 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Don't blame me - I was on call.

That's great news about Cotton Ease - thanks for sharing!

8:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you get your yarn in time!! I love the new colors you picked out : )

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home