Thursday, September 14, 2006

Danger Will Robinson!

Remember this lump?
This is my VK twisted float shrug where each row is currently over 500 stitches. All 500+ stitches are on my 24" size 8 Addi natural circular needles. The stitches don't all fit, at least not well. Rather than buying another set of size 8 Addi natural circular needles with a longer cord, I have chosen to use my dpns in addition to my circular needles. Something tells me that this can't be a good idea. This lump has another, even bigger problem, despite thinking that I had gotten gauge with my size 8 needles, the circle is already a bit bigger than it should be, and I am supposed to continue increasing and do a couple more twisted float rows before putting on the boucle yarn. I decided not to do that though. I decided that I have had ENOUGH of twisted floats and I am choosing to add my boucle now and to shorten the edging. Wish me luck. Another problem with this d*nmed thing, I have only little more one more skein of each of my 2 body colors left to make 2 sleeves. Will this be possible? I don't know. If it isn't possible, Twisted Float will never be done. EVER.

Here is my finished Ripple Weave sock #1. Overall I am pretty happy with the sock. I am glad to have a break before doing the second one since I tore it out a couple of times, but I think they will be a great pair when done. Another bit of good news, the cabled sock I showed in my last post is having it's toe created now, so I should have a UFO turned into an FO by the end of the night.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

For a second there I thought you were saying you could knit a cabled sock in one day. I forgot that you're knitting it top-down, instead of toe-up. Whew!

2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to say, for your own good, hon, that you need to stop living on the edge and purchase enough yarn for each project. You will save yourself lots of stress and pondering.

Congrats on the sock. I'm so glad for you. Don't forget your MOST EXCELLENT theory of doing only one sock and moving on to another one so that by the time you get back to doing the mate, it will feel like a new project again. In strict reality, you've already knit a pair of those socks (the first one and then the re-knit one), so I vote leave the mate for another day!

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home