Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Robin's Egg Blue Tank Photos

On Monday, I finally got around to taking pictures of my finished Prosperous Plum Tank. The photos I have are of me wearing nothing underneath, but with the way this thing fits, there's no way I can wear it like that. So, after I was done with the photo shoot, I put a white tank underneath and wore it more like a vest. That seemed to work out well and made the sweater much more wearable. That way, when it stretches out, it doesn't look quite so bad. Without further ado, here's the front, complete with blog-friendly headless photo:
Here's a photo of the back:

Pattern: Prosperous Plum Tank designed by Joanna Cohen of knitpicking

Yarn: Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in Robin's Egg Blue, about 3 skeins.

Size: 40" bust

Needles: Size 7 Susan Bates Quicksilver circulars, Size 7

Modifications: On the straps, I started doing triple decreases toward the top so the straps wouldn't be several inches too long. They're still about an inch too long, though.

Overall thoughts: This is a really beautiful pattern. The design was very well thought out, better than most knitty or magazine patterns, but the upsizing left something to be desired. My gauge was on and I followed the pattern, but the finished product came out 3 inches larger than the pattern specs. When I did the math, I realized that this is an error in the pattern. So, although the designer recommends 4 inches of negative ease, this may be because the finished product comes out so much larger than intended. Knitter beware!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you noted the pattern discrepancy - I thought the tank was beautiful when you posted it, but with a generous bust, I thought I'd have to do crazt re-sizing t make it to fit me. The stitch counts as given, if I'm doing the math right, should be just about spot on for me. I'm sorry it didn't work quite right for you, but I'm really excited to try and make this now.

12:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice tank!

2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks so pretty! It stinks that it doesn't fit you the way that you wanted it to. I might give the tank a try, thanks for noting about the pattern problems. : )

4:46 PM  
Blogger Janette said...

It's beautiful!

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home