Monday, July 17, 2006

Fabulous Felting FO's and Friends

I did end up finishing the Prosperous Plum Tank on Saturday morning and wore it out to go knitting with my fellow San Diego knitters, Krys and Disentangled, in Balboa Park. It was really, really hot on Saturday, so everybody was at the park attempting to cool off. Most people in San Diego don't have air conditioning, so this summer has been particularly difficult. We managed to find a shady spot under a big tree and had a wonderful afternoon. Throughout the day, though, my tank expanded and expanded, showing more and more of my cleavage and underarms so basically, I felt naked. Before leaving for dinner at Tartine, an adorable French bistro in Coronado, I had to change out of it so I didn't flash anybody. I threw it in the washing machine and dryer last night, so I'll take photos sometime today and post them on Wednesday.

It seems like all I've been doing lately is starting new projects, so I decided to go ahead and finish one up - one that's been around since the end of June. I finished the knitting portion of my French Market Bag - here's a before photo:


I'm not sure when I'll get around to felting it, but probably sometime this week. I intend to use it as a knitting bag.

I also took a little field trip up to Encinitas yesterday to pick up some yarn for hubby projects, halfdome and a pair of socks. Here's what I got for halfdome. Do you think it's masculine enough?
This is Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Mineshaft, which seemed like a perfect color for man's socks: I'm about 5 minutes from finishing Fetching, so I'm going to go do that before I leave to go to the North Pole, aka my office. Ho, ho, ho.

2 Comments:

Blogger Disentangled said...

Your post sounds almost exactly like the one I will be posting later today - I can't stop starting new things! I am now at 4 projects in about as many days. I told myself I really need to work on Cable 8, so I can at least cross that off my list. See you Thurs!

4:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love all the yarn that you picked up! Great man colors. Fetching looks lovely by the way, and i can't wait to see your finished Prosperous Plum Tank.

12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home