Thursday, June 01, 2006

My Mind Races, but Goes Nowhere


Do you know that feeling. Thoughts swirling, moving, getting caught, rushing past, but not moving on? That is where my mind is now. Thoughts about my job and the work that I need to do are roaming freely in my head. Thoughts about my attitude towards life, and how my work has effected those attitudes are bumping up against the worries I carry around about my efficacy as an attorney. The feeling that my body doesn't look the way I want it to runs free. All of this causes some delays in my performance at work. Shit happens though and life goes on. There really isn't time for self-indulgence in roaming thoughts, is there?

Before I return to the world of deadlines and drafting, I do have some knitting content to share. First I bought buttons for my Corset. I carefully sewed the 20 buttons on and tried on the top, at which time I discovered that my button holes were too large, my buttons too small, or that negative ease does not go well with buttons, because the top didn't stay closed. I promptly pulled out a crochet hook and crocheted the piece closed. Buttons still pop open, but at least when they do, the top stays closed. I think I will sew up the other side of the button band and see if that keeps the buttons closed. (sorry that the photo wasn't great, I was on the phone with K and trying to make sure that the camera, balanced on my stereo would get me in the shot)

The next bit of knitting content is that I chose my next project. I am going to do Calla from MagKnits. I am going to use Classic Silk again (guess if I liked the yarn). I am modifying the Calla pattern to knit it in the round instead of 2 separate pieces, let's see if I will end up regretting that decision further on. I don't think this photo does justice to the blue I am using, which I think is darker and more of a purplish color. I guess the yarn is sort of a periwinkle. Unfortunately I am also a bad judge because the monitor I am using is so bad at showing true colors. There must be some way to correct monitor color, right?

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Your title reminds me - I used to work with a Blackfoot/Apache man who was given a name by the Pomos in the area: Walks Far, Goes Nowhere :P

1:58 PM  
Blogger Disentangled said...

Even with the button issues the corset came out beautifully! The colors are wonderful and the fit is nice. This is when I wish I had boobs, so I could wear things like that. Oh well ;-)

3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your corset is lovely! I love the colors that you used, and the fit looks great : D

4:33 PM  
Blogger bitterknitter said...

Crap, I'll need boobs to wear a corset top! That didn't enter my mind, I'll have to think on it now! It looks great on you, when you said that you crocheted it closed yesterday it didn't click in my head that you meant together/closed/not open in the front! I'm not sure what I thought or if I was thinking at that time. If I decided that my boobs are of sufficient volume to make this you might have to show me how to crochet it closed!

6:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Blackfoot/Hebrew name is actually "talks much, says nothing!"

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home