Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Ennui


The weather has turned lovely here. It was a perfect weekend, weatherwise, as far as I am concerned. Despite my very pale skin, I adore the sun, the feel of it against my skin. I love when warm weather rolls around and the heat envelops you, surrounding you like an embrace. This past weekend provided a very promising start to the summer.

Unfortunately, I am at a loss to choose what project to work on next. I finished the silk corset this weekend. I loved working with this yarn (Classic Elite, Classic Silk 50% cotton, 30% silk & 20% nylon). The piece feels like an loved cotton tee shirt wonderfully soft, and I think that the nylon will give the piece stretch and elasticity. I haven't found the right buttons for it yet, but I still consider it to be done. Once it was finished (mid-Saturday) my lost feeling began.

I know that there are plenty of projects out there that I once felt excited about, unfortunately, I no longer do. I spent some time on Sunday, and again on Monday, looking at patterns for tank tops and short sleeve sweaters. The heat is here, it is time to work on some sexy, summery knits. Nothing though is calling to me. What is wrong with me?! I know that there are very interesting knits out there that would be perfect, but I can't find inspiration. I was thinking of trying my hand at design, but I don't think that I have enough technical know-how, or creative energy to get something to work. At this point I will either be settling on a less than inspired feeling knit (to me at this moment) or continuing with lace.

On the lace front, frost flowers is coming along. I have 3 out of the 7 repeats of the section I am working on done. I also have 19 pattern rows of the WRS, which does make me happy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Frost flowers? Where'd that come from?

I could have been worse: you could have had my weekend.

Maybe you shoudl knit some socks. Or something small and quick.

12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe it -- the WRS looks like something! You rock! That's wonderful. I'm so pleased for you.

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home