Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Sexy Summer Knitting

Wow, it's been a long time since I posted. I can't even remember when - was it last Wednesday? Anyway, I know I said I'd have photos of my completed Blue Sky Alpacas Fitted Tank on Friday, but I wore it on Wednesday and got it all sweaty and nasty while taking my neice for a walk in Balboa Park, so it's been in the dirty clothes hamper ever since. I finally washed it tonight, but it's drying, so the photos will come later. Unfortunately, while it fit perfectly prior to being washed, it grew about 3 inches in width in the wash. But, my experience with cotton tells me that once it dries, it should shrink back to size. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Moving on... I've made quite a big of progress on Orangina. In fact, I finished the front on Saturday at Rebecca's and started in on the back the next day. In one day, I made this much progress and I thought that I would finish it in no time. I really haven't touched it at all since. It's starting to really bore me. I'm looking forward to wearing it, so I'm sure it won't be too terribly long until it's finished.

I also started a new project. I've had Classic Elite Bamboo sitting around in my stash for at least a year but haven't used it. I bought it for Kyoto but ultimately decided that I didn't want to make that pattern anymore, so last night, while searching the 'net, I saw this adorable FO on Carrieoke's blog and realized it would be a really good use for this yarn. It has a good drape to it, although it's heavy as hell - only 77 yds for 50 grams, so it will be dragging toward my knees before long. It's kind of a boring pattern, although it's got interesting shaping and seaming. It's working up quickly, and it's sucking up stash yarn! It doesn't get better than that!

Finally, I've got Cotton Fleece on order in two different colors to see which one I like better to make the Prosperous Plum Tank. With the color that loses the challenge, I'm probably going to make the Honeymoon Cami. I tried to upload photos of the Prosperous Plum Tank but my computer REALLY doesn't like the photos that are available. Just click on the link and you can see it. It's a nominee for the next Sexy Knitter's Club knitalong.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Looks like I have missed many FO's.

Will I see you Thursday at the KAL?

-Allison

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like that plum tank, too. I actually have quite a few nominees for the SKC that I want to knit. I still have yet to start Orangina :(

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home