Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Deja Vu All Over Again



What is my problem with yardage lately? Ordinarily when I knit and buy the called for amount of yarn I end up with extra yarn, sometimes as much as a skein extra. With Rogue I barely had enough yarn to finish (ok, not a good example, I didn't actually buy enough yarn). The baby blanket, however, is a really problem. I bought the right amount of yarn and I now only have this much left:
About 1/2 of a skein of Shine to do the borders on the two long sides. I don't think that I can pull of a yarn miracle here. I doubt that I will be able to do all of the border all the way around.

Where do I stand now? You can't tell from the top picture, but I have the top border and the bottom border complete. I ended up going with the original pattern border. It was much smaller than I had anticipated, so I think it will bo alright, not too girly. The plan for now is that I will do the open work section of the border along the long sides, and not the points. Wish me luck that 1 I will have enough yarn to do this, and that 2 it will look okay.

In other news, I started a new sweater using mercerized cotton yarn. It is a Karabella pattern with cap sleeves and a small shawl collar. I am making pretty good progress so far. This is the back.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

If you don't have enough yarn for the side borders, I suppose you could frog the top and bottom borders and just do the openwork all around. Hopefully it won't come to that!

10:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

PS I think I know what sweater you're making! I've wanted to make that one myself.

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the blanket without borders on the long sides. It looks wonderful. Nice job.

1:35 AM  
Anonymous hassan said...

I think I know what sweater you're making! I

2:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home