Tuesday, April 04, 2006

One Beautiful Weekend + One Broken Toe

So, what do you get when you combine the first beautiful weekend of the year in Boston with one broken big toe? The same thing you would get combining a miserable weekend in Boston with that same broken toe, a lot of knitting.

First, I took my Pity Yarn and made a pair of socks. I did make Thuja from Knitty, and they were a very quick knit. The first Thuja sock was done on one day, the second Thuja sock was finished on Saturday. These socks are made with Artyarns Supermerino which was a gift from Christine. I LOVE the socks, they are so soft and cushy, Supermerino was wonderful to work with, and did I mention that it knits up quickly? I used size 5 dpns and just a smidge over 2 skeins of yarn. I wore the first sock before even casting on for the second one (the upside of my broken toe is that I sometimes need to only wear one sock). I didn't want to take the sock off, and couldn't wait to have a pair of them.

The next thing I did (after taking a nap, now I understand why Isis sleeps all the time, it is exhausting doing nothing) was to cast on for York, a sweater using Noro Kureyon. This sweater I decided to knit combination continental. It is entirely 2x2 ribbing, so I thought that continental might make it go quicker. Additionally, K informs me that combination style knitting is supposed to help with ribbing. As you can see, I have made some decent progress with this sweater.

Then, I took another nap, and continued to work on the baby gift. It is the Debbie Bliss Alphabet blanket, and it is coming along more quickly than I had anticipated. It actually might be done in time for the baby shower at the end of this month, "N" through "Z" is done, which means the center is halfway finished.

I think I may have taken another nap too. So, was the weather really as nice as I hear? Now I have some cabin fever, I may go to the MFA on Sat or Sun, anyone interested?

Oh, there was also progress on Rogue, which I will leave for my next post. Can you bear the suspense?

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Criminey, if I knit that much, I'd nap, too!

Socks look good, I can't wait to start mine. As soon as I finish this sweater. And a second sock. And... Well, I'm sure I'll get around to them eventually.

10:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wha-? What was that? (Doing double-take)Rogue?
How's the yarn supply?

10:30 AM  
Blogger bitterknitter said...

Maybe all the naps will help your toe heal quicker! The socks look so comfy! The Noro is knitting up prettier than I pictured Noro.

I love the baby blanket! It looks great, I'm going to have to get me some of that yarn eventually. I don't know why I have the urge to knit a blanket, but you aren't helping it any with your cute blanket!

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hon, you are my kinda gal. Knitting Knappers unite! Your FO's and UFO's are lovely.

1:50 AM  
Blogger wenders said...

I agree with Emily - I totally want to knit that blanket now, too! Nice work!

1:03 PM  
Anonymous hassam said...

nice blog keep it up

2:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home