Saturday, April 08, 2006

Patience, I don' need no stinken' patience!


Some say that patience is a virtue. I think they are just plain wrong. After all, if I had patience, I wouldn't have a finished Rogue! If I had patience I might have ordered a color card from that on-line zipper place, I might then have ordered a zipper, then I might have taken it to a tailor and had a matching zipper properly installed. If I did that though I wouldn't be able to wear Rogue until next season, who can wait? Instead I went over to Windsor Buttons and looked closely at all their zippers. Not a single zipper was the right color, so I decided to buy an off white one. Then, because a tailor would not be able to put it in that very minute, I also bought some sewing thread and sewing needles. Before settling down with some nachos, I picked up the zipper, thread and needle, and figured, why not try it myself. I knew there were directions on-line somewhere, but my computer was at the office, and I was not, therefore I made it up as I went along. By the end of my bus ride yesterday I had a zipper sewn into Rogue, and it was wearable!!!! I have no idea how long the zipper will stay in place, but I can always have it sewn in properly at another time.
Picture of me in Rogue was taken this am, with rogue over my pjs. Sorry it is blurry, but it is a Sat morning after all.

The left front of York is almost ready for armhole shaping, but don't expect insane knitting this weekend, I am not trapped in my apartment any more, and I do have to work and clean this weekend. Urgh!

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It's hard to picture you in your pajamas wearing the Rogue when you don't give us any idea what your pajamas look like. For instance, mine are yellow flannel with green frogs. Now picture that with my Fugly socks. Isn't that vivid?

I woke up on the smart a$$ side of the bed this morning.

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Grandmother would say that patience is a virtue all the time! I'm very impatient too!
Rogue looks amazing! the zipper looks good : )

4:12 PM  
Blogger wenders said...

AMAZING! And Congratulations! :) Can't wait to see it for real!

9:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your haste and impatience, and I love Rogue. Good job.

1:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home