Sunday, February 05, 2006

Welcome From Sunny San Diego!!!!!!


I made it! I escaped from Boston for the weekend. I didn't get done the work that need to be done, but it will be waiting for me again on Tuesday when I return (I don't know why the magical elves that helped out in Grimm's Fairy Tales don't come by and do my work for me!). Despite the fact that my plane needed to be de-iced in Chicago, I made it to warm beautiful Southern Cal. Of course, 1/2 hour after I arrived, I decided that it was cold here (I adapt perfectly to the San Diego tempatures).

On the plane I worked on my hood of the Hoodeded Jacket, but then I decided it was too cumbersome, so I switched to my sock, which I am sort of designing myself. I do like the look so far.

When I landed and K was able to meet up with me we went to La Jolla (beautiful area, very chi chi) and went to Knitting in La Jolla, where there was a sale. I was a VERY good girl and passed up the Big Wool sale, but I did buy the fall Rebecca. After that we went down to the Grove where I bought some Japanese lace weight wool and a pair of earrings.
I then got some more work done on my Hooded Jacket.

Today, K and I went up to Encinitas and went to Common Threads and Black Sheep. At Common Threads I finally broke down and bought the Georgetown Helen's Lace, which I have been oogling since I first saw it in Common Threads the last time I was here (June, 2005). After Encinitas we picked up Disentanged and went over to Alpine to check out that store. Later I got to meet K's adorable neice.

Tomorrow, look out Rebecca's here we come!

5 Comments:

Blogger Disentangled said...

I love your sock! Those colors are great :-) I am so glad your visit turned into a yarn crawl :-)

12:59 PM  
Blogger bitterknitter said...

Sounds like you are having a great time...Isis will be glad to have you home though! The sock looks pretty, I can't wait to see it for real.

12:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I agree with Emily. I want to see that sock!

2:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you are having/had fun here! I wish I could have met you at Rebeccas... I got really ill this weeknd from food poisoning or something. Hopefully I will get to meet you sometime... maybe next time I go home to Massachusetts??
ps... good work on that jacket!

9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those socks are lurvely. You're so clever. Have I mentioned that you're one of my knitting heroes?

I also went to La Jolla Knitting when I was in San Diego last year. I loved it.

I'm so glad you took time out for yourself. Glad you'll be back in time for our Wed. night get together. Bring some thinnish yarn (dk or fingering) and a matching croceht hook because the fabulous, multi-talented Christine is going to teach us how to make crochet flowers. Then again, what am I saying -- you probably already know how! Have a great time.

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home