Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Swamped!

On Sunday, I finished Under the Hoodie and I wore it to school on Monday. I don't have any photos because there wasn't anybody around to take any, but I'll probably wear it to the Stitch n Bitch this weekend or have someone take a picture of me in it before then. I really like the way it came out - I think it's a grrrreat pattern! I wouldn't mind having one in wool as well, but that won't be for a while yet. I have a difficult time doing the same pattern twice. Plus, I wouldn't call this an interesting knit. Some of the construction parts of it were fun, but it was also a lot of stockinette. BUT, it was a Cotton-Ease stash buster! One of these days, I'll have to post photos of the bags of Cotton-Ease that I keep in my garage, but that's for another day...

I do have a photo of my progress on Savannah's pink sweater. It's coming along. The reason for the title is that I'm completely buried with homework this week. Wait, didn't I say that last week? I guess this is going to be a trend. Of course, it IS engineering school. Last quarter, I could only afford to take two classes and, although they were difficult, I still had lots of knitting time. Not so, this semester. But, I digress... So far, I've done the back and front and I'm working the sleeves now, at the same time. A couple of my stitches on one sleeve are so HUGE that I think I'm going to try and go back to fix them with a crochet hook if possible. I was hoping to have this sweater finished by this weekend, but it's not looking good so far. I've still got the hood to do, which is going to be 8 inches long, so not exactly a tiny little thing. The original pattern called for seed stitch - yeah, right. I'm altering it so that seed stitch only forms the border and the rest is stockinette.

Well, since I had so much trouble posting photos, I'm now out of time and have to go to school. I'll post more on Friday. Later!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, congrats on finishing the Hoodie! Cant wait to see the finished product ;)

4:25 PM  
Blogger Disentangled said...

Same for me - I bet you will get a ton of use out of that sweater! Such great colors.

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home