Friday, February 03, 2006

Today's the Big Day!

Well, isn't this a momentous occasion? The two gals of the Purly Gate are gettin' together despite living on different coasts. It isn't something that happens too terribly often, but when it does, you can believe that we do a lot of yarn shopping and a lot of knitting. In case you haven't heard, we're getting together on Sunday afternoon at 2 p.m. at Rebecca's coffee house in South Park for a Stitch n Bitch. It will last until whenever, but we'll probably be there for a while. All are welcome.

I'm thinking that I'll be finishing up that baby sweater this weekend and perhaps, I can even present it to the recipient, my 5-month-old niece Savannah. Here is what I have so far. I don't know why this lighting in here is always so awful. I swear, in real life, it isn't this dreary in here, but maybe I'm crazy. Anyway, as you can see, I'm quite close to finishing. The hood is going to end up being around 9 inches and I've got 5 or so done already. Once that's done, it's just a matter of seaming and sewing on a couple of buttons. I'm hoping it's a sweater she'll get a lot of use out of.

I also bit the bullet and decided to rip back my sock about 4 rounds to fix a mistake I'd made on Saturday night while drinking excessively. Apparently I need to learn, over and over, that wine and lace DO NOT mix. Here's where I'm at now. I've only got another 2 1/2 repeats of the leaf pattern and then Sock #1 is done. I must cast on #2 immediately to avoid SSS (Second Sock Syndrome).

I went to the Knit Salon at the Grove tonight and it was so much fun! We had a few of the truly knitting-obsessed there talking about our addictions and it was great. I have met the best people through knitting. You guys are awesome!

J and I will be driving up to Lori's Frames, Fibers and Frills in Alpine on Saturday, probably in the afternoon, if anyone is looking for a little knitting adventure and wants to come along. It's a great little shop with a few yarns that you can't get anywhere else, namely Lorna's Laces. It's worth a ride up there every now and again for a change of pace. She also carries Inox needles, which are great for lacework.

That's about it. I managed to get a s^&tload of homework done between yesterday and today and I'm very relieved. I'm relatively unhindered until Monday night, so I feel like a huge load's been lifted. However, somehow I have to sit through my classes tomorrow without killing myself. On Fridays, I can't SO antsy - I can't wait to get out of there! I hope to see many of you on Sunday!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh ooh! i love Lori's! By far, it's my favorite shop! Have fun and maybe I'll meet ya'll tomorrow at Rebecca's!

4:21 PM  
Blogger Disentangled said...

Thursday's salon was definitely a ton of fun. I don't think I will even get over the look on people's faces when they realize how obsessed knitting can make someone. My favorite comment of the night: "wait, you actually know the name of your yarn?" Let me tell ya...

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home