Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Bi-Coastal?

Dear fellow cult members (and if you are reading this, chances are that you are at least a closet member of the knitter's cult), the high priestesses of this branch of the knitter's cult (The Purly Gate) will be having a somewhat impromptu weekend conference to discuss the tenets of the cult (read yarn shopping, yarn fondling, and of course KNITTING!!!). As a result, for this upcoming weekend our bi-coastal cult will be on only one coast.

On which coast will we meet you may ask? Well, you may be able to make an educated guess. One of us lives in an area where 50 degrees is warm for this time of year and the other lives in an area where 50 degrees is cold. I have done the math, and I don't like cold, so Boston is out for our weekend conference (besides I am the one complaining about ruts). On Friday at the awful hour of 5:50 a.m. I will be boarding a plane that will take me to sunny southern California, I will stay there until Monday morning. Thanks so much to K and her husband for allowing me to crash with them as I try to get over my doldrums. To our San Diego readers, I would like to meet you all, I know that K just had a home stitch 'n bitch, but would you all be up for something this weekend? K and I will be talking more about what "something" will be.

On to my knitting progress...Well, I have finished up the right front for my jacket and have started the sleeves. I have blocked the back and both front sides. I would like to have all the knitting, with the exception of the hood done before I get on the plane on Friday. I know that merino wool isn't necessary for San Diego, but I would like something new, and hopefully pretty, to show off.

Lissy, who is basically the founder of the N.End Wed knitting group gave me some lovely yarn last week. She originally bought it to make Birch, but wasn't like the way it knit up, the color though is perfect for a Birch shawl in my opinion. Now I have the fun of figuring out what I will use the yarn for.

Finally, on Saturday I went over to Circles to place an order for the yarn to make that Fall, 2005 VK cover shrug, you know, the one by Annie Modesett. I did order my yarn, Circles is doing a KAL for it and I wanted to get in on the action. I also bought some sock yarn (because you can never have too much sock yarn, right?). The colorway is kind of ugly, but in a pretty way. I saw it and it spoke to me. It is Shelridge Farms sock yarn, 100% wool, and I think that I am going to try designing my own socks. Wish me luck!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I might be up for something this weekend - couldn't think about going to the last one due to work stress.

12:54 PM  
Blogger Disentangled said...

Yay! I'm so glad you are getting in a little getaway time. Sometimes that's all you need to reset the rut. I really hope I can partake in the meet up. My schedule is crazy (at least for me) this weekend, but I hope it works out. It would be great to meet you!

2:34 PM  
Blogger bitterknitter said...

I like the sock yarn color, it will be perfect for design-your-own socks! Good luck finishing your jacket before you go, it is going to be beautiful.

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home