Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Time Crunch

I am now panicking about the Knitting Olympics. I'm back in school, back in the real world, and I'm remembering how, when I'm in school, I have NO time to knit. How on earth am I supposed to finish a sweater in 16 days?! I couldn't tell you what I do all day, except that I know it involves going to class, reading boring derivations, working homework problems, riding the bus, doing laundry, shopping, cooking, cleaning, driving my mother all over creation, (isn't that a daughter's duty?) etc. Finally, at around 8 at night, I pick up my needles for a bit. AND I've had a break from work this week. Next week will be worse! OK, I'm going to calm down now. Now for solutions. I have to believe that it's just a matter of time managment. I mean, there are people out there who work for a living AND knit. Look at Wendyknits for Pete's sake. So, here's my plan. I've decided to claim my mornings before class for knitting and definitely my one hour break between classes. Also, if I'm disciplined about getting my schoolwork done during the week (yeah, right), then I'll have a good chunk of the weekend, too. Hmm, maybe the plan should involve a little attitude adjustment, too.

I'm so tired right now. I did laundry today, 5 huge bags that cost $25! It took me three hours and the woman who worked there chuckled when she saw my my mountain of clothes to be folded. I was so beat when I got home that all I wanted to do was drink a glass of wine. Bear in mind that this was AFTER school, BEFORE homework, BEFORE making dinner, and more importantly, BEFORE knitting. Wait, wasn't I going to calm down? OK, enough whining. Now onto knitting progress.

Under the Hoodie isn't photo-worthy. Just take my word for it that hood is 6 inches long. I meant to do more tonight but I didn't want to use precious knitting time for something so tedious. So, I continued work on my Embossed Leaves socks, which I'm loving by the way. They're beautiful AND quick to knit. Can't go wrong with that, can you? This is my first experience with making a sock out of yarn not intended for socks, i.e. sans nylon (ooh, the bilingual thing again!). I'd have to say that I'm not loving that part of it. There's a definite dearth of elasticity. My sock is already out of shape just from trying it on. But that's the only real downside. Otherwise, they're fablicious! Yes, those are my Addi Turbo dpn's. I know I said I hated them, but we kissed and made up. They work just perfectly with this yarn.

Anybody else out there dying to make Grumperina's hat pattern? I can't wait until she puts it out there for public consumption.

My plan is to get the hood done on Under the Hoodie by the weekend, seam 'er up and have a new sweater! Yay! There's nothing like it. I also thought it might be fun to invite my friends who I've recently taught to knit over for a little in-home Stitch n Bitch. Btw, Jeanette tells me that some non-knitting-related corporation owns the rights to the phrase Stitch n Bitch so all of the groups all over the nation have to change their names. What a crock! What a great use of attorneys, huh? Well, I'm having a Stitch n Bitch this weekend, so there! Any San Diego people up for it? Shoot, Boston people can fly out here too if they want to. Toodles!

3 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

If only it wasn't so impossible to get a direct flight from Providence to anywhere . . .

8:21 AM  
Blogger Disentangled said...

I am also having an issue with the olympics. I've picked to do something that I've never done before and I didn't even look at the pattern before picking. What? Is she crazy? Apparently, so. Plus, I have already proven that I can't work lace at the office which means I only have a couple measily hours in the evening. Plus, I am set to go to Stitches West! I am hoping we have some good knitting time on our trip. But, their is usually wine involved - and me, wine and lace don't mix well.

Please let me know when you plan your little SnB session - I would love to join if I can :-) I missed the last knit salon, so I am having withdrawals.

9:45 AM  
Blogger Disentangled said...

I saw your note - and that sounds great. You can email me the details/directions. Post a comment if you need my email again :-) Fun!

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home