Monday, January 23, 2006

Dumbass

No, I'm not planning on titling every post from here on out with profanity. However, I do think my stupidity this evening deserves a label like "Dumbass". All weekend, I have been looking forward to going to the Grove to experience the Greek Goddess Knitting Circle led by Allison of Circles. I remembered that it started around 5 or 6 p.m. on Sunday, so around 4:45, I decided to double-check the time, and I discovered that it had started at 2! Ugh, by that time, I had almost missed the entire thing! So, I decided to stay home, feel sorry for myself, and continue knitting.

What was I knitting, you ask? Well, I've been working full-throttle on Under the Hoodie, and I've made good progress. Since last Sunday, I've knitted the front and both the sleeves. Tonight, I started the hood and quickly realized that it's going to involve knitting 13 inches of fabric 96 stitches wide. So, I did roughly 2 1/2 inches and switched to another project. It's going to be torture getting it done, but it's pretty much all I have left, so hopefully, that will be motivation. I pinned it all together and tried it on, and I really like the way it fits, so I'm totally excited to wear it!

I was also thrilled to see the latest Interweave preview for the Spring issue. The link can be found here. There were several projects that I thought looked really good - much better than the very blah Winter issue. Here are photos of some of my favorites:


Here is a pretty lace scarf with a trellis pattern made out of Knitpicks Alpaca Cloud. I just happen to have some of that on hand.

This is a really cute intarsia felted tote bag.


Here's what's looks like a really great Fair Isle Sweater designed by Debbie Bliss and made out of Alpaca Silk DK. Yum!

Finally, a cute hoodie with a drop-stitch pattern.

As soon as Under the Hoodie is done, I'm going to get back to work on some other sweaters I had going, i.e. the pink hoodie I'm making for Savannah and the VK sweater I'm making out of Big Wool. That didn't stop me from casting on for the Embossed Leaf socks tonight. C'est la vie! I bet you didn't know I was bilingual - oh la la!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Well, that title smacked me right in the face! I thought you might be talking to me, but then I realized I just need another cup of coffee.

12:48 PM  
Blogger Disentangled said...

Your under the hoodie is coming out great! I actually could really use some miles and miles of stockinette right now. Everything I'm working on requires me to think and sometimes I just need to zone a bit.

P.S. I love that tote! I am really looking forward to making some felted bags with my leftovers from my weekend getaway satchel - there will be lots.

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home