Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Long Time No Talk!

Hey there everybody! It seems like it's been ages since I've done a post. To be honest, I've been completely buried with non-knitting/non-blogging things. You know, the really unimportant things? Anyway, I still am and I probably will be for a while, so why not prop my eyelids open so I can do a semi-coherent post, I figure.

I've finished a sock since we spoke. I made sure it got done by Friday as part of my pre-finishing (read: training) for the Olympics. I don't want a stifling amount of UFO's hanging around my house, so I'm trying to check a few off of my list. I love this pattern, have enjoyed the yarn (Dale of Norway Baby Ull) but really don't care for the cast-on method. Basically, I feel like the circulation is being cut off to the arteries in my leg. Not good. Hopefully it will stretch out over time. Still have the second sock to do, but alas, that will have to wait.

I have made decent progress on a mitten that I abandoned about a month ago after I screwed up the gusset. This would be my first mitten (hey, I live in San Diego!). I really like the way it's turning out, and it's so soft and cozy that I really, really wish I could wear something like this here. Actually, there have been a few mornings where I've wished for mittens, so maybe... Anyway, the yarn is Tahki Bunny, which is one of the greatest yarns out there. This is going to be one of those fingerless gloves with a little top, like the Broad Street mittens from knitty, only in a heavier yarn.

I've done my swatching for the Olympics, and I'm so stoked about getting started on Friday! Do people in other parts of the country say "stoked". I'm guessing it's more of a surfer, Bill & Ted, reference. I could be wrong, though. But, I digress. Anyway, I get back from school on Friday at 1:30, and I shall begin knitting promptly at 2 p.m. PST.

OK, so I just lost everything I typed for the second time this evening, so I'm kind of annoyed. I'm afraid I'm tired so I'm just going to go to bed. Sorry to end the post on a nasty note, but I need sleep. Talk to you later in the week!

1 Comments:

Blogger Disentangled said...

I too am trying to clean up my WIPs, but given the other "chores" I have, it isn't looking good. I didn't even knit last night at all - gasp!

Good luck with the olympic start off! Because you have a bi-coastal blog do you get to benefit from Jeanette's earlier start time? Just a thought ;-)

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home